4 New Features • 13 Improvements • 17 Bug Fixes
✨ New Features
(1) Manual Sorting of Tasks
Manual sorting of tasks within a project is now available in the list, board, and Gantt view 🪅
Drag & Drop of Tasks in Lists & Gantt
When you move the mouse over a line, the symbol for dragging the task appears on the left side. Click and drag the task to any position within the group or to another group. A blue line signals the exact position where the task will be inserted.
Drag & Drop of Tasks in the Board
Drag & Drop works as before, but now the position of a task within the column is also saved, provided the sorting is set to
Sorting in Lists & Gantt
Sorting of a column is added as before via the symbols in the column headings. Alternatively, sorting can be added via the context menu of a column header.
If a sort is applied, this is now indicated in the column header in color and also with an interactive button. This button can also be used to remove sorts and return to manual sorting.
Consecutive sorts are also possible. Simply add sorting via the context menu of another column.
Manual sorting is the new standard in list, board, and Gantt views, i.e., by default, manual sorting is active as soon as one of these views is called up (previously all tasks in all views were sorted Alphabetically by Title by default).
This means that unless a custom view that includes sorting is set as the default, manual sorting is always displayed. This is indicated at the top right of the list.
There are various exceptions and restrictions. Please note .
(2) Checklists in Tasks
All editors now have the option to create small checklists. If some points are oversized for recording a subtask, the use of the checklist in the editor may be appropriate! The checklist behaves like bullets, individual points can be ticked off and thus give an indication of the progress.
(3) Create Tasks/Subtasks from Highlighted Text in Editors
Any highlighting of flowing text sections, individual words or bullet points can now be created directly as a task or subtask in all system description fields.
When selecting the creation of a subtask, it is created in the current task.
To create a task, you can select the destination folder within the project beforehand:
If you mark several lines of a list (numbering, listing or checklist), the dialog offers the creation of several tasks/subtasks according to the number of lines marked.
Subtasks can only be created in the task editor.
(4) Internal Comments
There are many use cases where guests are involved, e.g. in a software project where customers are invited as guests to make progress and open points transparent.
As soon as guests are invited to a project, they see everything that happens in the project and in tasks by default. Besides the possibility to hide individual flavors for guests, there is now also the possibility to declare comments as internal comments only.
If you want to define a comment as an internal note, activate the checkbox Internal Comment and the comment will be hidden for guests everywhere in the system (also in the activity log & feed).
A note in the comment indicates whether it is an internal comment:
When responding to an internal comment, the response/quote also remains internal. The option is then automatically set and cannot be deselected.
- Action buttons adjusted in column headers: The actions in the column are more visible. In addition, the context menu of the column header can now also be opened with a right click.
- Identity Management Update: We have updated our identity management infrastructure, including to enable additional identity providers (such as OpenID).
- New (calculated) default fields available for display in the portfolio list:
- Plan effort (sum of tasks)
- Plan costs (sum of tasks)
- ACTUAL effort (sum of tasks)
- ACTUAL costs (sum of tasks)
- Recorded hours (sum of all hours recorded for the project)
- Column header context menu revised: The icons and labels of the actions in the context menu have been revised.
- Task status widget interactive: The individual segments of the widget are now clickable and lead to pre-filtered list views.
- File upload improved: When uploading larger files, more feedback is now given about the progress. The maximum file size remains 500 MB.
- Fields/Columns in lists can be hidden by drag & drop: Columns can now be quickly hidden by drag & drop. Just drag the column header a bit up or down!
- Board performance improvements: We have made several improvements under the hood of the board views, tasks now load much faster. The board view in the project portfolio also loads faster.
- Selection dialog of list flavors now with search field: The selection dialog of a list flavor now also includes a search field, analogous to the multi-selection flavor. For fields with a large number of values the correct values can be found more quickly.
- API Links Output in JSON Format: API links generated from views can now be exported in JSON format instead of CSV format. To do this, simply add
&format=JSONto the copied link.
Links to Project Flavors Editable in Editors: In editor fields of task details or status reports, flavors that are used in the project master data of the relevant project can be inserted (as before). The novelty is that these fields can now also be edited directly in the editor. A change directly affects the value in the project master data.
Currently, not all flavor types are editable in this way, but the most commonly used ones are.
- Gantt View column can be displayed in the portfolio: The Gantt view is now also available in the project list (portfolio) and can be displayed as a separate column (preview feature). The functionality is currently limited to the display of projects as bars over time. The respective grouping is displayed as roof elements. The function will be further expanded in the future.
- Updates to the Gantt View:
- New buttons to jump to Today as well as to the next or previous element.
- New vertical Today line
- In the Gantt area, multiple selection of tasks can now be done with one click and by drawing a rectangle. All multiple processing options are available:
Due to the ability to mark multiple tasks by drawing a rectangle, the scheduling of tasks has been slightly adjusted by mouse click. The scheduling is done by mouse click (left mouse button). A task with a standard length is created, which can of course be adjusted afterwards. Depending on the scaling, the standard length varies. The "drawing" of a task has been deactivated.
- If synchronization of efforts and costs from the subtasks was set in the task detail of subtasks, this setting was not carried over when duplicating the whole folder in which the task was located. The same was true when applying a task template. Both situations now work as intended.
- The legend of the
Project Progresswidget mistakenly showed nothing - the problem is fixed.
- The function to reset one's own password ("
Forgot password") is now available again.
- When admins delete status reports, this was not previously shown in the activity log - now this action is also logged.
- Inserting links in a text field was flawed. The text to be displayed was not editable afterwards - now solved.
- The budget display in the master data widget turned red in the wrong situations.
- Fixed the problem that the default master data field
Project Foldercould no longer be changed for some roles (including member) in project master data.
- Timers appeared to run indefinitely. This could happen when tasks with a running timer were deleted - this and many other cases related to running timers are now caught.
- We have ensured that tasks, folders or projects to which times are booked, or in which a timer is currently running, cannot be deleted without further ado. An additional dialog now appears in all cases, in which the deletion must be actively confirmed. The consequence of a deletion despite a running timer now correctly stops the timer.
- When notifying about the start of a task (start date) or the due date of a task (due date), there were still some problems with the exact timing of the notification, which have now been resolved.
- Corrected display errors in rare cases when commenting, among other things, the formatting bar was displayed with a line break when existing comments were edited.
- In a certain constellation when opening and displaying a status report comment, in which a person was @mentioned, the project name in the status report was displayed incorrectly.
- Buttons for scaling in the portfolio timeline and in the timeline within a project no longer worked correctly, now corrected
- Lifted an issue that guests could no longer see images inserted in editors
- In the board view of the portfolio, projects may not have been able to be opened with the first click. This is now working reliably again.
- The board view of the portfolio was unusually slow in certain constellations (very many projects, very many master data). Now it's fast again 😉
- Fixed bug where status reports deleted by admins were still displayed in the portfolio overview in the corresponding columns (e.g. overall status).