Projects can be added from almost every view using the Add button and selecting New Project.
In the next step the project entry mask must be filled with data. The following data can be entered or selected:
- Project name
- Labels and flavors
- Project type
- Project folder
- Project launch
- Project end
- Project management
- Project objective
- Project benefits
- Selection whether project should be private
- Selection whether project should be created as template
- Selection if the created project should be opened directly
- Create project
Special classification: Labels and Flavors
With the master data fields, especially the fields you can group such as Project type, Project phase, Location and Project Manager, which can also be renamed and thus used for a different purpose, projects can already be easily categorized.
For advanced categorizations, smenso Cloud offers Labels and Flavors. This is the fastest and easiest way to make adjustments to your project master data.
With a Label you can give projects or tasks a "sticker", a Label is the classic categorization possibility which can be used for many purposes. A Label has exactly one value.
What we call Flavor is an additional, special structuring level for projects and tasks. Flavors are user-defined custom fields that you can name as you like and assign any value to them. Together with the filter and evaluation options, this opens up many useful scenarios.
Here are some examples of Labels and Flavors:
- Click on CREATE PROJECT to create the project
- CANCEL discards all changes and closes the dialog
- If Jump to project is checked, the project is opened immediately after creation. Otherwise you stay at the position in the system where you opened the New Project dialog.