These settings are visible only to owners.
Members of the organization or workspace can be managed under the menu item
Invite members or guests
- Select the menu item
- (If more than one workspace exists, select the desired workspace)
- Select the button
- In the next dialog, choose if you want to invite
- Choose the
Language of the invitation mail
- Activate / deactivate the checkbox to the right if you want to allow a login with Azure AD only. Other login methods will then be hidden and the invited person can only log in with a Microsoft work account. (Note: Microsoft Azure Active Directory availability is an enterprise feature).
- Enter the email address of the person to invite
- Choose a role for the person
- (Optional) You can invite even more people at once using the
Add more email addressesbutton. Simply add multiple lines.
- Send the invitation by clicking
A green confirmation checkmark signals the successful invitation.
Status of an invitation
Once an invitation has been sent, a small label
Invitation pending will be shown:
As soon as the invited person accepts the invitation, i.e. clicks on the link in the invitation email, creates a smenso account and joins the workspace, clicks the link in the invitation mail, creates a smenso account and thus joins the workspace, the label disappears and the person is displayed in the member list with first name/last name.
The icon resends the invitation email.
More information on the "Manage members" page
Workspace name: Address / URL of your workspace
- If applicable, labels are displayed here that represent properties of your workspace, e.g.
Azure Active Directory: If the label is displayed, the enterprise feature for single sign-on with Microsoft Azure Active Directory work accounts is enabled
Advanced search: If the label is displayed, the enterprise feature for advanced search is activated
Seats in your subscription:
The number entered here (in the example: 12) corresponds to the number of licensed seats from the last billing period and shows how many of these of these seats are currently in use.
The list of smenso members and guests has the following filter options:
All: Always shows all members of the organization, both active as well as deactivated
Active members: Shows only the active members of the currently selected workspace, i.e. regular members who currently have access. Pending invitations from members are also displayed here.
Active guests: Shows the active guests of the currently selected workspace. Pending invitations from guests are also displayed here.
Inactive: Summarizes all inactive smenso accounts (deactivated accounts)
Pending invitations: Shows a summary of all pending invitations
More information in the member list
States of a smenso account (column: status)
Active: Has access to the workspace
Deactivated: Does not have access to the workspace. There can be two reasons for a deactivated status:
- The person had access to the workspace before and has been deactivated by the owner (in this case, the person may have still assigned a role in the "Role" column. However, the access is prevented anyway).
- If there are several workspaces in the organization, there may be smenso users who have never been authorized in the current workspace. These are listed here independently as Deactivated but have no role (they never had). To grant access to them, a role must be assigned to them. They will then receive an invitation mail.
Roles of members/guests
The roles of members/guests can be defined during the invitation process as well as afterwards.
The login method is purely informative and represents with which login method a smenso account was created. A distinction is made between
- User & Password
- Azure Active Directory (= Microsoft Azure Active Directory work account / Single Sign-on)
- Microsoft Account (= Microsoft Personal Account)
Options in the member list
In the options menu (three-dot menu) of a line there are currently two options:
Deactivate member: Deactivates the member and revokes access to smenso.
Convert to guest: Converts a smenso account that previously had a Member role into a Guest role. The person loses access to public projects and only has access to private projects, for which the person has been authorized (just like any other guest).
Licensing information on available seats
When a member is deactivated or removed, the seats number in your subscription will be reduced to 11/12 (to stay in the example from above). above).
Consequently, a seat becomes available in the current billing period and can be reassigned if desired. If the space remains vacant until the next billing period it will no longer be charged in the next billing period and the number of licensed seats is reduced accordingly (except for individual agreements).
The pre-allocated maximum number of seats in the subscription (in the example: 12) is at the same time a limit for possible invitations. Exceeding the licensed seats is currently not possible in the Admin Center. If you would like to invite more people, please send us a short Support request with the notice to extend your subscription. The extension will be effective shortly after.
We are working to make the invitation process more flexible so that it works as you would expected from a "self-service" billing and subscription point of view.
By the way, the number of guests you can invite is limited to 50% of the paid seats. Only people outside your organization may be invited as guests. For example, if 10 paid seats are licensed in a subscription, 5 guests can be invited at no additional cost. If this is not enough, please contact our support.