3 Features • 5 Improvements • 23 Bug fixes
⭐ New features
(1) More filter functions
- New filter in timeline view: The new filter is supported in the timeline view.
- Duplicate filter: Building the right filter can take time, depending on its complexity. To make it a bit faster, we have created the possibility of duplicating single filter lines. Entire filter groups can also be duplicated 🥰
- Filtering by workflow status: In addition to the system status, there is now the option to filter by individual workflow status:
- Filter in portfolio extended: Filtering by "the three" master data fields of projects that can be renamed individually is now supported. The selected names are displayed accordingly.
- Filter options for flavors of the type
Formulaextended: Operators like
is larger thanor
is less than or equalcan now be used to filter results of calculation fields.
- Filter by Flavors type
Multi-selectextended: The individual values of the flavor can now be selected.
(2) Email notifications configurable
Yes, we heard 😇
We're still working on a settings area for notifications, where you can define for yourself what (comments only, or @mentions, etc.) and how (in-app only, or email too?) you want to be notified (about).
If you want to disable email notifications entirely, you can do that right now - here:
- Mobile experience improved (smartphone/tablet): We have reworked, rebuilt, and improved countless places in the smartphone/tablet experience of smenso in terms of usability. We're not quite there yet in that regard, but the improvements in this release are a big step in the right direction. We continue to pursue the goal of making all features of the browser version of smenso nicely usable in the mobile Progressive Web App. Among other things, we have changed:
- The task detail has been cleaned up and optimized for touch control
- The operation on iOS devices was optimized
- Various display issues have been corrected, including texts in description fields/comments were sometimes truncated
- The list view has been optimized for touch control
- Rows (tasks) open with a tap
- The list is displayed in full width
- Hover elements were disabled
- Widget views have been optimized for touch control
- Status report view has been optimized for touch control
- Task templates have been optimized for touch control
- Time tracking: now always opens fullscreen
- Sorting of projects in the portfolio timeline: Projects can now also be sorted individually in the Portfolio Timeline (no longer just tasks when projects are expanded).
- New export options in lists:
- Export recorded times in CSV format: The time entries from the lists My Times and (if authorized) Time Evaluations can now be downloaded as a CSV file for further processing in Excel. The set date filter is taken into account during export, as well as the columns of the current view.
- Export portfolio list in CSV format: The portfolio list can be exported with the columns of the current view. All projects will always be exported.
- API extended:
- All statuses from status reports in the project (In plan / Endangered / Critical / Pending / Paused etc.) are taken into account.
- Individual workflow statuses are taken into account
- Context menu of project tiles/list entries revised
- Fixed: @mentions no longer triggered email notifications in certain cases. The behavior has been stabilized.
- Fixed: Filter by a specific date (start/due date) was not working - now fixed.
- Fixed: In rare cases, tasks once created in the list view whose titles were not renamed initially (remained at "New task") were no longer displayed after a refresh. The creation of tasks in the list was generally revised and reworked in the course of this.
- Fixed: The flavor function "Hide if empty" in the task detail no longer worked correctly for calculated formula fields, the field was not automatically shown in the table as soon as the calculation resulted in a value. Now corrected.
- Fixed: In the list view > column "Assigned" previously assigned persons in the detail were not displayed immediately.
- Fixed: The selection dialog for flavors of type "Person" in the list view had a problematic behavior so that the cursor "left" the dialog right after you started writing. This is now prevented so that people can be searched for regularly in the dialog.
- Fixed: The operation of scrollable views (e.g. list view, person selection dialogs, etc.) was sometimes limited on iOS devices, now all content should be operable on iPhone and iPad without problems.
- Fixed: Fixed scrolling problems with the list widget when a task list was displayed in it.
- Fixed: In the selection dialog of relations in list views that have the setting
Refers to tasks in the current project (dynamic)the setting was not applied correctly (but applied to the whole workspace) - now corrected.
- Fixed: When importing a project in our proprietary format (.sc), one was reverted to the time of the Romans 😉 If the project to be imported had no start date, a start date was set far in the past - now the current day is set in this case.
- Fixed: Archived projects and template projects may not have been hidden by default in the portfolio overview of projects.
- Fixed: Renaming a column name in a board view previously had to be actively confirmed with Enter key, otherwise, the change was not accepted. Now a change is always accepted, even with a click outside the field.
- Fixed: Display error of the info-i in locked fields fixed. The i icon was incorrectly scaled smaller for multi-line text content.
- Fixed: When displaying (linked) Jira tickets with long names, controls were cut off at the right edge.
- Fixed: In a rare case, an active sort across multiple columns could render a saved view unusable. The case is prevented.
- Fixed: Multiple sorting did not work correctly in some circumstances and has been stabilized.
- Fixed: The list-type widget had scrolling issues in some circumstances. Scrolling was only possible after changing the widget size, furthermore, scrollbars were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed: The list type widget did not correctly consider filters of existing views - now fixed.
- Fixed: Isolated selection options of the context menu of a project tile (3-dot menu) did not work properly - now fixed.
- Fixed: The initial filter when entering the time evaluations (This week) was not applied correctly until now. Now the initial filter is always on times "This week", from this point on another filtering can be selected.
- Fixed: The sorting of projects in the portfolio timeline view was previously fixed, alphabetically. Now it is fixed and sorted by project end. However, we are working on making sorting by projects customizable as well (so far, only tasks within displayed projects are sorted when a project is expanded).
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances, deactivated members/guests were still displayed in the selection dialog of @mentions. This is now prevented.
- Fixed: Various UI corrections.
Information about Microsoft Teams App
Our Microsoft Teams app for using smenso within Microsoft Teams is currently not functional - please excuse the inconvenience. A new version of the app has already been submitted to Microsoft for verification and quality assurance and will (hopefully very soon) be available in the Microsoft Teams App Store. We will provide updates as soon as possible.