2 Features • 4 Improvements • 6 Bug fixes
⭐ New features
(1) Preview function for e-mails and Word files
When clicking on an attached email (.msg format) or Word file (.docx format), the attachments were previously downloaded by the browser. From now on, a quick preview of the attachments will open first, just like for image files or PDFs.
(2) Dependency of subtasks/tasks for effort and cost fields
The plan/actual expense fields and plan/actual cost fields in tasks and subtasks are independent of each other by default. In both the subtask and the main task, the values can be maintained separately.
There have been numerous requests from our customers that these fields should result from the sum of the corresponding fields from subtasks. We have addressed this issue and provided a first version in this release. A second version with improvements will follow soon.
This is how it works:
- There is a new options menu in the subtasks section:
- In the menu, you can decide separately for each field whether the field should be calculated from the sum of the corresponding fields from the subtasks
- If one of the toggles is set, the corresponding field in the main task is filled from the subtasks and is write-protected. A note below the field indicates this.
- In list views, fields that are filled from subtasks are also displayed read-only (gray). A tooltip indicates the calculation from the subtask.
In list views, an aggegation function at grouping level can, among other things, display totals of the underlying cells. If a dependent calculation of an expense or cost field is activated in a task, only the sum field is used.
- Actual effort field read-only: The display of ACTUAL effort fields in the list now gives an indication (via tooltip & graying out) of whether the field in that task is populated by time tracking and thus read-only, or whether it is editable.
- Grouping by flavor type "List" in list views improved: The order of grouping elements is now based on the defined order of selection values as set in the flavor configuration
- Aggegation function for flavor types Number + Formula enhanced: All "regular" aggregation functions are now offered
- Project templates improved: When creating a project from a template, more settings from the template project are now taken into account and applied:
- Assigned persons (groups) - optional if necessary
- Default workflow
- Default template for tasks
- Default currency
- Hourly rate
- Fixed: When editing text fields, e.g. in task details, inserting content used to always reset the visible area to the beginning of the text field. This finally no longer happens 😏
- Fixed: In the board view, the horizontal scrollbar had almost slipped out of the image - now it's back in the right place.
- Fixed: Mobile view: grouping by priority did not work correctly
- Fixed: Corrections to the rich-text editor in text fields (among other things, there were display problems when showing the smiley menu)
- Fixed: Problems solved when displaying subtasks if the associated task had a very long title
- Fixed: If a flavor of type "text" was removed in a task detail, and this flavor had a color assigned, the cell was incorrectly still displayed in color in the list - now fixed
Information Microsoft Teams App
Our Microsoft Teams app for using smenso in Microsoft Teams is currently not functional - please excuse the inconvenience. A new version of the app has already been submitted to Microsoft for verification and quality assurance and will (hopefully very soon) be available in the Microsoft Teams App Store. We will inform about this again separately.
[Update 11/20/2022] The validation process is still ongoing. Corrections and improvements are still being incorporated together with Microsoft.
Please sign in to leave a comment.