6 New Features • 8 Improvements • 11 Bugfixes
⭐ New Features
(1) New Microsoft Teams app available in the Microsoft Teams App Store 🎉
A new version of the smenso app for Microsoft Teams is now available again in the official Microsoft Teams App Store and on Microsoft AppSource. In addition to the previous feature of adding a project as a tab in a Microsoft Teams channel, the app now also has the option to add selected subpages of a project as tabs, e.g. only the list view of a project, or only the timeline view.
If you have previously used our app and have encountered any issues with accessing it, please be assured that these issues have now been resolved.
To download our app from the Microsoft Teams Store, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Microsoft Teams app on your device.
- Click on the
Appsicon in the left menu.
- Search for our app
- Click on the app and then select
Add to a team.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the temporary unavailability of our app. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We hope smenso for Microsoft Teams helps to enhance your Microsoft Teams experience.
↗️ Learn more about smenso for Microsoft Teams
(2) Expand / collapse list elements
In list views (portfolio list and task list), a new icon has been added to the upper left corner, next to the search bar. The button "scrolls" through the three statuses that the list items can assume:
Expand groups: Opens the first level (groups), tasks remain collapsed
Expand subgroups: Opens the second grouping level: Subtasks
Collapse all: Collapses everything = back to initial state
(3) Grouping by overall status in the portfolio
Grouping is now possible via the Overall Status column. This will arrange all projects in the portfolio overview according to their overall status.
(4) Automatic alignment of start/due dates between main tasks and subtasks.
By default, in smenso the start and due dates of subtasks and main tasks can be set arbitrarily, without mutual consideration of the start and due dates of the main tasks or subtasks. This offers maximum flexibility, but strictly speaking it is not compatible with classical project management.
Project managers would probably expect something like this:
- Main task start date = MIN subtask start date
- Main task due date = MAX Sub task due date
Therefore, from now on there is an optional possibility to make a project setting to force the alignment of start and due dates of main tasks/subtasks or at least to ask the users during the action if they want to align the dates.
This is a project setting, not a workspace setting. By default, matching start/due dates between main tasks and subtasks is disabled.
In the project settings you will find new options, including this one:
Everything about how it works can be found in the Helpcenter article:
↗️ Learn more about the alignment of dates
(5) Drag and drop emails into list view creates tasks
Emails from Outlook can now be dropped into smenso either directly from Outlook or (if previously saved from Outlook) from Windows Explorer.
If the email is dropped on a group level, it will be created as a main task. If the email is dropped on a task, the email will be created in it as a subtask. When creating a task, the following values are taken:
- The subject of the e-mail is taken over into the task title
- The content of the e-mail is copied to the description field of the task
- The e-mail itself is additionally attached to the task as an attachment
In the first step, the function is limited to the file formats .msg (Microsoft Outlook) and .eml (Windows Mail). In further expansion stages, other file formats will be added (.pdf, .docx, etc.).
(6) New Gantt view [preview function].
The Gantt view is a preview feature. We are showing the feature at a stage that is not yet "feature-complete" in order to get early customer feedback. We will continue to work on the feature in the coming weeks and months.
- The Gantt view can currently only be displayed via the task list of projects as an additional column (like other columns).
- The column can then be positioned and enlarged/reduced as desired.
- Tasks are displayed in the Gantt column as soon as they have a start and due date or are a milestone.
- The coloring of the tasks is currently determined only by the status and the (over)due date of the tasks.
- Subtasks are also displayed and shown in a frame with the main task.
- Interaction is already possible to a limited extent (open, move, expand, link (click & drag)).
- Widget "Monthly cost distribution (planned/actual)" extended: In addition to planned costs, the widget now also shows the actual costs from all tasks, optionally also cumulated. Furthermore, a third variable can be added as a line, e.g. cumulated revenues.
A sample implementation for a break-even calculation (incl. template for import) is ️available in our Best Practices.
- Delete Published Status Reports (Admin): We have added a delete option for already published status reports. Only the Admin role has the permission to delete already published status reports.
Partial status & forecast end date from status reports: The partial statuses from status reports and the Forecast end date field can now also be shown as columns in the portfolio.
- New fields in time reports: Two new fields/columns are available in the two list views of the time recording ("My times" and "Time evaluations"):
Actual Cost: Corresponds to the value of the
Actual Costfield from the task on which the time was recorded.
Hourly rate: Shows the hourly rate that can be edited in the project settings.
Billing:Calculates hourly rate (project) * recorded time (or Actual effort).
The new fields are also available in the CSV export
Guest role detail adjustments: Deleting task templates is no longer allowed for all guest roles.
Preview of e-mail file format added: Attached e-mails in .eml format can now also be previewed directly in the browser.
Determine order of pinned task templates: A new icon for pinning a template entry can be used to personally save the order of task templates in the menu.
- API expanded: Custom workflows (
Status (Workflow)) are output by default in the API.
- Fixed: A permanent scrollbar has been added to the flavor type selection menu. In some screen resolutions, it was not obvious at first glance that the submenu was scrollable.
- Fixed: Mass moving of tasks/subtasks to another project via multiple selection did not work anymore - fixed now.
- Fixed: Fixed bug that tasks could no longer be closed/saved when a comment text was deleted again (instead of discarding it).
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances, editing and saving task templates was no longer possible. The problem has been solved now.
- Fixed: In the timeline, it was briefly not possible to create a task.
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances, the task creation in the list view displayed an "infinite" loading bar and the task was not created correctly. This happened only under very specific circumstances, when a task template was set in the project as a default template, which contained a flavor by which the list view was grouped. The error is now corrected.
- Fixed: In some circumstances, shared views were no longer displayed in projects that were previously visible. Should not happen anymore.
- Fixed: Widgets in the overview did not correctly take into account subtasks for a short time
- Fixed: Display error for the scrollbar in timeline view corrected
- Fixed: Duplicating tasks did not work under certain circumstances (for example, when a task template was defined as a project default).
- Fixed: Bulk operations of updates to tasks in the list view no longer worked correctly when subtasks were to be updated at the same time. Effectively, only the main task was changed, but not the subtasks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.