4 New Features • 6 Improvements • 6 Bugfixes
⭐ New Features
(1) View inserted images in original size
Small improvement, big effect for screenshot enthusiasts:
Images that you copy & paste from the clipboard into a text field of a task (description field or comment input field) can now be opened in preview view with a single click 🥳.
This was previously reserved for images and files added as file attachments to a task.
If multiple images are inserted in the text entry fields, you can scroll through them using the left/right arrows.
In the course of this, we have also improved the preview mode a bit: You can now exit the preview mode simply by clicking "anywhere outside" the image content. No need to aim at the ✖️ at the top right anymore 😏
The same applies to the left/right arrows - one click in the rough area is enough.
(2) Apply Task Templates via Bulk Processing
A new icon has been added to the bulk edit menu: The ✨ icon stands for templates system-wide in smenso. Now task templates can be applied not only to single, existing tasks, but also to many at the same time.
Maybe a template has been changed in the meantime, and you want to update the tasks in the project with the new template - this is the way!
Task templates can either be used when creating a new task, to create a task directly with a template. Or they can be applied to an existing task. In this case, we ask again an intermediate question, which parts of the template you want to apply on the existing task. In the case of multiple processing, this question is also asked.
(3) Lock time tracking in project/task
By default, time tracking is always active in a project. This means that time entries can be booked for all tasks. From now on, the time recording can be locked on the project level as well as selectively in individual tasks.
You can find this setting in the project under
Manage project >
If the switch is active, time recording is prevented in the entire project. Existing time entries remain, of course, but can no longer be changed.
In the task, you will find the setting in the options menu of the task dialog. If time tracking is locked via the project settings, it cannot be overridden in tasks.
By the way, the property is also taken into account in task templates and can be shown as a column in the project portfolio list as well as in task lists.
This setting can be managed only by the roles Admin and Member.
(4) Drag-and-drop all file formats
It started with emails. From now on, however, all file formats that you would normally attach in a regular task can also be dragged and dropped into the list view and board view. For most file formats, the filename of the dropped file is simply taken over as the task title 👆
- "Auto-Update" properties regarding subtasks/tasks available in task templates: The function for transferring the totals of planned/actual costs and planned/actual efforts of subtasks to tasks is now also included in task templates.
- Extension of the time period in the project feed (protocol): Previously, you could only scroll down to a limited number of entries to look into the past. With this change, it is possible to look two months into the past.
- Sharing tasks (sending by email): To quickly send the content and context of a task in smenso to an email recipient, the Share function (available in all context menus) can be used. It generates an email draft in the email program you use as default program for emails and takes various contents from the task, such as the title, description field, etc.
- CSV export added to task list (taking into account 'views' and columns): In task lists, tasks can now also be exported to a CSV file for further processing in Excel. Unlike the menu item of the 3-point menu (Export > Export Tasks), only the columns that are currently displayed in the respective view are exported when exporting via the icon. And their order will be preserved.
- Context menus of projects adjusted: The context menus (3-dot-menus) of projects in the list, board, navigation, etc. have been extended and all of them have been aligned.
- Various cleanups in the UI
- Fixed: Editing and saving a status report template produced an error.
- Fixed: The CSV export of the project list (in the portfolio) incorrectly outputted all available columns instead of just the columns of the view. This has been corrected, also the order of the columns of the view is now correctly taken into account in the export.
- Fixed: If a workflow was created and applied in the workflow menu while the interface language was set to English, the corresponding workflow statuses in the
Statuscolumn were not translated correctly.
- Fixed: The settings panel for custom workflows may not have worked as expected. Switching from a custom workflow back to the default workflow caused a display issue, but this has now been corrected.
- Fixed: When duplicating a project, recorded time requests from the source project were sometimes displayed. Now corrected.
- Fixed: The chart settings of the Monthly Cost Distribution widget may not display the cumulative line feature. This has been corrected.