A new project can be created using the + New project button in the main menu.
In the project creation wizard it is possible to choose whether the project should be
- be created as an empty project, or
- selected from an existing template.
This section explains how to create a project from an empty project. More information about creating a project from a project template can be found here.
In the project templates (currently) only self-created project templates are displayed.
Create a new (empty) project
+ New projectin the main navigation menu
- Select a
Project ID(optional): The project ID is an identifier that identifies the project system-wide. The project ID is also used as a prefix before task IDs.
- Select a
Project type(mandatory field)
- Select a
Project folder(mandatory field)
- Confirm your entries by clicking
- The most necessary information is given and the project can be created! You can choose here if the project should be made "inactive", if you want to set yourself a watcher, and if you should be directly guided into the project.
- Confirm the project creation with
Create project- done!
Add more settings (in the project creation dialog)
You may add
More settings in the course of the project creation dialog. Alternatively, each of the settings can also be subsequently made through
Manage project >
The following steps show the optional settings that can still be made within the project creation dialog.
- More settings:
Project Manager: Define a responsible person
Budget: Define a rough overall budget
Project start/end: Define a start date and an end date for the project
- Choose the visibility of the project:
- If there are existing workflows in the system, you can set a custom workflow here as the new default for tasks created in this project. If you leave the selection on the "Default workflow", the system default will be used (Not started / In progress / Done).
- The last step in the project creation wizard summarizes the previously entered data once again. Create the project with the entered data by clicking on