What is a Label?
With a label you can give a "sticker" to projects or tasks, a label is the classic categorization option that can be used for many purposes. A label has exactly one value.
Create your own labels in tasks or projects and assign them as you like.
Properties of Labels
- Labels can be assigned to projects and tasks alike. The procedure is basically the same for both actions, with one difference: For projects, labels are maintained in the master data, for tasks in the task dialogs.
- If a project or task has not yet been assigned a label, a button Show label is offered in the dialog to display the label section and add the first label
- As soon as a label is added to a project or task, it will appear in the label section above the fields.
Working with Labels
You can add a label as follows:
- Open the task dialog or the master data of a project
- If no labels have been added yet - select the button Show labels
- Select the plus icon in the label area
- Select one or more of the predefined labels or add a new label yourself
- You can create as many labels with different content as you like. Pay attention to a reasonable structuring.
When you select a label, a settings icon is available next to the delete button (this button simply removes the assignment to the task / project).
You will find the following options:
- Change the description of a label
- Under Label Type you can choose from three types:
- Freestyle (=standard label)
- With heading (this changes the label to a flavor without value, only with a heading and color)
- List (this transforms the label into a flavor with any number of list values)
- Define a suitable color for the label
⚠ Once created, labels cannot yet be deleted system-wide. This function will be available soon.
Find labels in different areas
Labels are currently displayed in three places within the app:
- In the task dialog / project dialog
- Below cards in the board view when hovering / pointing it
- As a new column in the list view of tasks (the column must be added manually in order to see it)
By using filters, labels can be used in many different ways.
- Select the Filter element in the project or task overview
- Choose any label you want to filter by