What you need
Client/Company: Your companies or clients: Company1 | Customer1 | Customer n
Contract type: Your contract types. For example: Order | maintenance | SaaS | service etc.
Cost type: see here
Bar chart (number or total): Contract type
With smenso Cloud you can also easily map a contract management. For this we use the tasks functionality and extend it with flavors so that the task object knows that it is a contract. In the following we show you how you can do this.
Contract Management in smenso Cloud
- Create a new folder in the task area and name it contracts.
- Attach the contract as a task.
- The contents should be used as follows:
- Name the title of the contract (beginning with the contract number). An icon 📝 helps for recognition.
- Add the person responsible (one or more) for the contract as resources
- Select the flavor Contract type
- Choose the flavor client/company so you can better assign the contracts to the companies
- Select the flavor cost element (optional)
- The contract start date is entered as the start date
- The end date of the contract is entered as the due date (this is how you define the performance period of the contract and can view it in the timeline)
- The costs of the contract are entered in the planned costs field
- If you do not want the contract to influence the project calculation, you can of course write the costs in the description text.
- All relevant contract information or important text passages such as contractual penalties etc. are entered in the Description field. To assign icons to a text, these can be selected and added using the key combination Win + .
- Enter specific tasks from the contracts directly as sub-tasks, create a due date for the sub-task and assign a responsible person. Such concrete tasks are, for example
- Periods of notice
- Limitation periods
- Final payment
- Checklist items
- Process steps that were fixed in the contract
- All important contracts are added to the contract object as a document. Due to the complete indexing of texts and images in smenso Cloud, you can search globally in all contract documents and find the information that is important quickly.
If you want to control contracts in your company as a whole and not all contracts in the respective project, you can create a separate project especially for contracts (you can link the project in the description by copying the project link). There you can create your own folders for different areas/topics and use the widgets to view the duration and costs of all contracts in your company. This way you won't miss any notice period or actions of your contracts.
Contract type widget
For a clear presentation of contracts by contract type, the "Task distribution" or "Planned/actual costs" chart can be reconfigured.
This type of visualization has the advantage of being able to display the contracts entered according to their contract type. To configure the chart, select Configure Chart in the three-point menu. Then enter the title of the widget and select it in the X-axis of the flavor contract type.
View cross-project contracts
In smenso Cloud it is possible to display the contracts across projects. The project portfolio projects under the tab Tasks of the menu can be filtered by the flavor contract type. The contracts can also be sorted and grouped by contract type.