Flavors with type "relation create links to other tasks or entire projects and display them in a structured and clear manner.
Using relation flavors
Relation flavors can be displayed and edited in task details, project master data (details) and in list views.
- Click on the cell of a relation flavor in the flavors table
- The popover shows linked items as well as a search field to link more items.
- To link more items, select
Search for tasksand enter a search term. Depending on the flavor settings, the whole workspace or a specific project will be searched.
The area to which the relation refers has four options:
Tasks in the workspace: The selection dialog searches for tasks in the entire workspace (as far as you are authorized to display them)
Tasks in the current project (dynamic): The selection dialog restricts the search to the project in which the flavor is currently used.
Tasks of a specific project (static): Select this option to limit the search to one project. This selection is static.
Projects: The selection dialog does not search for tasks here, but for entire projects. This allows you to link whole projects.
The search area in the popover will also always try to show you your five recently opened tasks or projects.
Creating a relation flavor
- In the flavors section, click the
- Enter a name for the new flavor
- By default (currently) the flavor type "List" is set initially. Therefore, you need to change the flavor type to
- That's it! You can use the new flavor now.
Relation flavor properties
- Open a task dialog (or project master data dialog) for this purpose.
- Open the flavors menu by clicking on the name of a flavor in the flavors table
The color works analogously to other flavors and applies globally to all flavor values.
- In the following dialog you can make various settings. Choose
- from where a relation should originate (
Fieldsto be displayed as columns in the popover.
👁️🗨️ Hide flavor. You can now choose whether a flavor should be visible in the task dialog or not.
Always show: The field is always displayed, whether empty or not
Hide when empty: The field is hidden if it has no value
Always hide: The field is always hidden in the task dialog, but is still quickly accessible below the table.
Remove or delete flavors
In the context menu of flavors, flavors can be removed by selecting
Remove flavor. Flavors can also be permanently deleted via the
The difference between removing and deleting a flavor:
Remove flavor: removes the field from the flavor table of a task/project
Delete permanently: deletes the field from the entire workspace permanently
Flavors that are permanently deleted can no longer be added or used in filters. They are deleted from the entire workspace, even if they have already been used.