3 New Features • 7 Improvements • 23 Bug Fixes
✨ New Features
(1) Define Templates for Folders
From now on, standard templates for new tasks can also be defined at the folder level in the project. If you use folders for different process steps, for example, you can now create task templates tailored to each process step.
Every time you create a new task in a specific folder, the correct task template is already in place 😉
(2) Projects with Custom Icons 🎨
Good news for everyone who likes it visually appealing! Our update brings some color and style to everyday project management: Customizable project icons!
Therefore, you can now assign your own icons to your projects to make them unmistakable and visually appealing. We have integrated the huge selection of the Font Awesome library so that you can surely find a symbol that perfectly represents your project.
Choose from our predefined color palette or use a custom color code.
Simply click on the icon to the left of the project name - either in the project overview, in the project settings, or when creating a project.
Projects now always have this gray default symbol: . Change it by clicking on the symbol in the project overview, in the project master data, or directly during project creation.
(3) Lock Flavor Groups in Tasks (or Project Master Data)
This new feature allows admins to lock the flavor area in tasks and project master data. Why is this so important? Because it ensures that all flavor groups remain exactly as you set them up or as defined according to the task template or project template.
This means that other members without the appropriate permission can still edit the field values, but they cannot change anything else. No moving of flavors, no renaming of groups, no removal of anything relevant to the process. Carefully created processes and structures can be protected.
An info symbol indicates that flavor groups are locked and who locked them.
- The feature is reserved for the Admin role.
- The function only limits the editing of the flavor groups themselves. Whether the flavors themselves are editable (in terms of their settings or value input) still depends on the individual flavor setting and continues to be defined at the field level.
- Various project master data flavors can now be inserted and edited in the editor of tasks or status reports:
- Flavors of type "Relation"
- Flavors of type "Multi-selection"
- Flavors of type "Checkbox"
- Flavors of type "Date"
- Checking existing project titles: When creating a project and entering the new project title, a suggestion list with already assigned project titles is displayed. Previously used project titles can no longer be used to prevent duplicates.
- Default color of flavors now "no color": So far, colors were randomly assigned when flavors were created. Now, no color is selected by default.
- Removable Gantt dependencies on the connection line via mouse click: There was an error where the tooltip displaying dependencies was cut off at the bottom of the list. This error has been fixed. Additionally, it is now possible to hover over connection lines. These are highlighted and a red 'x' can be clicked to remove the connection.
- Expanded functions for the Flavor of type "Formula":
- Formulas can now process the project ID (unique identifier of the project).
- Formulas can now create and use a button that can perform different actions and can also be visually designed as desired. Learn more
- A note on the possibility of changing the profile picture is now also directly hidden in the avatar menu when hovering over the profile picture.
- Change position of folders: The context menu has long included the option to change the position of folders (move up/down).
- Fixed: In the Gantt view:
- Tooltip for displaying connections was cut off at the bottom.
- By removing the date via the context menu of a task, the line in the Gantt area was incorrectly highlighted.
- When the setting for automatically aligning date data in main/subtasks was active, a total shift of a subtask in the Gantt area (moving bars by drag & drop) was not correctly registered. The automatic alignment was not done in this case. Only expanding/contracting behaved correctly.
- If multiple tasks were moved simultaneously in time by marking a multiple selection in the Gantt (via drag & drop) and the marking was then released, it could happen that the marking was only "apparently" released. A subsequent movement of a single task resulted in the movement of all previously marked tasks. This error is now fixed.
- When saving views with an active sort in Gantt, the sort was sometimes not registered and saved correctly - fixed now.
- Fixed: Wrap error in the editor when using code blocks fixed.
- Fixed: Various translation corrections for the English language version.
- Fixed: Various corrections in the interaction between project master data flavors and flavors that were inserted into tasks in the editor and synchronized, among other things, lock properties (settings of the flavor or value input of the flavor) were not synchronized correctly.
- Fixed: For flavors of the type "Multi-Select" inserted in the editor, the values are now correctly separated by spaces.
- Fixed: The order of the selection values for flavors of the type List (single selection) and Multi-select (multiple selection) was not consistent when new values were added and there was a high number of values. Now fixed.
- Fixed: For flavors of the type "List" or "Multi-select", inserted in the editor, with value selection, the selection dialog was cut off at the bottom depending on the size of the visible area. The dialogs now open dynamically upwards.
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances, it could happen that status report templates could not be edited - now fixed.
- Fixed: The configuration dialog for the flavor type "Relation" was cut off at the bottom depending on the chosen resolution. A scrollbar now prevents this.
- Fixed: The display of profile pictures was delayed when calling up the notification menu or only correct after another click. Now profile pictures are immediately visible.
- Fixed: A display error was corrected in inactive or archived projects, which could occur when folders were fully expanded.
- Fixed: Display error corrected when editing a project master data flavor of the type "Relation", where the displayed area always jumped to the very top as soon as the value selection was opened.
- Fixed: Another display error corrected that could occur in lists when person selection dialogs (assigning people to tasks) were opened. The dialog was cut off at the bottom and now opens upwards if necessary.
- Fixed: Corrected the error that a task template, marked as a milestone, was not correctly applied as a milestone template.
- Fixed: When duplicating projects, the column property "Color" is now duplicated as well. The same applies to the creation of projects from a project template.
- Fixed: When using a custom workflow in a project and viewing a list view grouped by custom workflows (Status (Workflow)), there could be an error when changing the custom status. The display in the list view was subsequently incorrect, tasks could possibly be displayed twice - now fixed.
- Fixed: After creating a task or subtask via the editor, the task/subtask was not immediately displayed in the list view. Now it appears immediately.
- Fixed: In the dialog for maintaining multiple time entries, an error was corrected in the daily view, which, when maintaining the start/end time in combination with switching the field using the "Tab" key on the keyboard, deleted the time fields again. Now switching via the keyboard works smoothly.
- Fixed: Various UI corrections in the new settings area.
Your feedback is important to us!
We are constantly working to make our platform even better, more user-friendly, and faster. Your feedback is our compass, and we would be delighted to hear what you think!