Watch a project or a task (or add another user as a watcher) to be able to receive notifications related to changes to that project or tasks.
You can watch projects or individual tasks to stay up-to-date on any changes and to receive notifications about changes to the project/task. You can also set other users as watchers if you want them to be informed about changes. You can be stop watching projects/tasks at any time.
How to watch a task/project
- Open the project/task dialog
- Select the 👁 icon
- Select Start watching to start watching yourself
- If necessary, choose other person(s) to watch the project/task
- People added as watchers will now receive notifications about changes to this project/task
Please note in the context of tasks:
- People who have been added as participants are not automatically added as watchers
- People who have been added as participants and are not set as watchers will receive notifications only in the following cases:
- When they are added/removed as collaborators
- When the task is deleted
- For comments on the task
⚠ These people will not receive notifications about changes to fields in the task. If they want to stay informed, they will have to add themselves as watchers.
- People who have been added as participants and are also set as watchers will only receive "direct" notifications (in the Direct tab) when changes are made by others
- People who are not added as participants, but as watchers, receive notifications about changes from others in the Watching tab
Displaying watched objects in the notifications panel
In the notification panel, a distinction is made between two notifications:
- Direct: Contains notifications from tasks in which you are involved
- Watched: Contains notifications from objects you watch
Please sign in to leave a comment.