A task always passes through different statuses in smenso Cloud, the default statuses are:
Together, these statuses form a workflow that can be customized, too.
You can create your own workflow for tasks and milestones by adding as many user-defined statuses as you like. For example, you can create different workflows for different types of tasks, or use certain workflows only in certain projects - lots of possibilities.
Basic properties of statuses and workflows
- Statuses can be edited via the ⚙ icon wherever the statuses of tasks can be changed (at this time: in the task dialog or in the list view)
- The default workflow is a system setting and cannot be changed
- If a new custom workflow is created, it will contain the three system statuses Not Started / In Progress / Done by default. New statuses can be added
- Any number of statuses can be added
- The order of the statuses / workflow steps can be changed by drag & drop
- The system status categories Open / In progress / Done must contain at least one status, but can also each contain several statuses (including multiple Done statuses)
- In a user-defined workflow, a system status can only be removed if there is at least one other status in the same category
- You can choose which workflow should be used by default when a new task is created. Go to the project settings to select default project workflow.
- Custom workflows can be assigned individually per task
How can I edit a status?
- Statuses can be edited by clicking the ⚙ icon wherever the statuses of tasks can be changed (at this moment: in the task dialog and in the list view).
- If there is more than one workflow, the option Change workflow will be visible to enable a quick assignment of another workflow.
Create a new custom workflow
- Click on
- Give the new workflow a name
- The new workflow is now a draft and not yet published
- Add as many new statuses as you like or change the order of the statuses
- Save the custom workflow by tapping the 💾 icon
Note: The workflow is now saved, but not yet published.
Publish a custom workflow
In order for your workflow to be visible and usable by everyone in the workspace, the workflow must be published.
There are two methods to publish a workflow:
- Select your custom workflow and click
- Edit your custom workflow via the 🖊 icon, and activate the
- Confirm by tapping
There's more to come
Currently only the system statuses can be selected in filters, groupings or e.g. list columns. However, we are already working on making the custom workflows / statuses available in these and many other places!