You will receive email notifications when other users
assign you to tasks, make updates to tasks you're assigned to, and when others
You can change the default cases for which email notifications are sent according to your preferences in the profile settings (soon available).
How do email notifications work?
smenso sends you an email notification immediately after a change is made to a task or project that affects you.
The following events will trigger an email notification:
- Someone @mentions you: Someone mentions you in a project, task or comment .
- Someone assigns you: Someone assigns you to a task.
- A comment is added: Someone adds a comment to a task you are assigned to, or someone comments on a status report you have created.
- Someone requests an approval from you: When a workflow with an approval process is used and a status change is requested. The requester also receives an email notification when the release has been granted.
- You will only receive notifications about changes that other users make. Notifications aren't triggered for changes you make yourself.
- When you're @mentioned in a comment, only one email notification is sent to the person mentioned, even if that person is assigned to the task and is regularly notified about the comment.
- Changes in tasks or projects that you are watching (e.g. changes in description, priority, or flavors) will currently not trigger an email notification.
- Email notifications aren't sent when a task or project is duplicated from an existing task.