We would like to thank you very much for the great support this year ❤️
Over the last few weeks, we've gradually shipped various updates that are now available to everyone. We don't want to promise too much, but we are working on many more exciting features - stay tuned, 2022 will be huge 🤯
🌟 New Features
(1) Email notifications
In addition to web (in-app) notifications, we'll now send emails!
smenso will usually send an email notification immediately after a change is made to a task that affects you (i.e. if you are assigned to a task).
The following events currently trigger email notifications (will be extended soon):
- Someone @mentions you
- Someone assigns you to a task
- Someone comments on a task
- Someone sends you an approval request for a status change
- Someone changes a status of a task (workflow step)
Please note that currently you will only receive an email notification if you are assigned to a task. If you are watching a task, you will not receive email notifications. An exception are approval requests - the approver (and requester) will of course receive email notifications, too.
Personal preferences regarding email notifications will soon be editable in the profile settings.
(2) Task templates
Tasks can now be saved as a template 🎉
With task templates you can now easily reuse tasks. This is practical for things like certain processes, use of certain flavors (additional fields), or for events - for everything that you may want to reuse in the future.
You can find the function in a task behind the ✨ symbol:
(3) Status update templates
What makes sense for tasks makes just as much sense for status updates! You can now also create templates for status reports that you can easily reuse. Yay 🎉
For status reports, only the two text entry fields are saved in the template. Status, progress, etc. are not applied when a template is used. These must be reentered for each status - makes sense, right?
If linked flavors are used in the text input field of a template, for example to show project master data, these are always updated with the current status of those fields when a status template is applied.
(4) New design of flavors in task details
We have revised the display of flavors (custom fields) in task details. Attention - big change 😉
Since the additional fields are very popular and the previous display of many flavors could become a bit - well - confusing, we wanted to give it a bit more structure.
- Table view
- Possibility to divide flavors into different groups
- Define sorting - alphabetical by default, but also individually via drag & drop
- Configuration has been revised
- Decide whether a flavor should be shown or hidden when empty, or always hidden
- and much more!
This is only the first step - flavors in general are an important topic, which will be constantly updated and improved.
(5) New flavor type: Relation
Have you always wanted to display links to tasks from other projects or to entire projects in a structured and clear way? Or even several relations, naming them in a meaningful way? We hear you.
With the new flavor type relation, exactly that becomes possible. Create links to tasks within the project, links to tasks from other projects or link whole projects from the workspace.
The linked tasks / projects are displayed in a table-style view - the columns to be displayed can be selected freely!
(6) Nested sorting in lists
In lists, sorting can now be nested. The sorting will also be saved in custom views.
Click on sort in a column header. Alternatively open the options menu of a column and find the heading
+ Add column.
You can also change the sorting order afterwards:
(7) "My tasks" renamed to "Tasks"
We have renamed the main menu item
My Tasks to
Tasks. In the future, all tasks will be summarized under this item, independent of the project. And we will start with these two views:
My tasksas board view (as before).
All tasksas list view (new) - all tasks of the workspace will be displayed in this view. We will continue to expand the filtering and grouping features in this view.
The previous board view for all tasks, which was offered under
Tasks, will be revised and integrated here as well at a later date.
(8) Restore deleted tasks
Sometimes you delete a task by mistake... or maybe on purpose, only to change your mind again later 😇
In the activity log of the project (
Feed Widget) all actions within the project are logged. For deletion actions now a -icon will be displayed for 14 days. Within this period, deleted tasks can be restored. Only after that period they remain permanently deleted.
You can restore tasks for 14 days:
(9) Multi-selection and bulk processing in list view
Multi-selection and bulk processing of tasks (and subtasks) is now possible in the list view. To select multiple tasks, the usual key/mouse combinations (known from Windows) are used
Clickon one line: Marks a single task
Click: Marks more tasks to be included in the selection
Click: If an individual selection has already been made, hold
Clickon another line to mark an area
Bulk processing can then be performed in two ways:
- In the context menu, various actions can be performed:
Move to another folder
Move to another date
- Changes made in a cell of any column are applied to all selected rows
✨ More features and improvements
- Revisions of the list views:
- In list views, grouping can now also be done by
No group- without any grouping.
- In list views, the title column is by default displayed first. From now on it is also possible to place other columns before the title column.
- Filter in the search bar: The search bar can also be used as a filter that returns results based on formulas with a "hidden" tweak. Formulas can be applied 1:1 like in the Flavors formula editor with type formula. Just start typing in the search box with
#to activate formula filtering. More about formulas can be found here. This also makes negated filtering possible, for example. Admittedly, this is something for advanced users 😉 But don't worry, we are reworking the normal filter menu soon.
- In list views, grouping can now also be done by
- New flavor type Person: You can now add another field of the type "Person", independently of assigned persons. Use it e.g. to highlight special responsibilities or to define indirectly involved persons or whatever you can imagine. The field behaves like a multiselect field - only for people.
- Print lists "without logo" did not work correctly - it does now!
- When printing the list, the displayed columns were not taken into account under certain circumstances - this is now fixed
- Changes to the workflow configuration of tasks were not saved immediately (only after closing the dialog and the task). Changes are now always saved immediately.