Our timeline is very popular and we appreciate every single feedback our users give us. In December, we took care of this feedback and started to gradually implement it into the timeline.
Automatic planning of dependent tasks
The new Timeline Assistant will help you to plan your project. It will suggest any end-start dependencies for possible optimizations. It will first show you a preview of it's suggestions.
To help you keep track of the important tasks in order to stay on course, you can now activate the critical path. If tasks that are on the critical path are delayed, it will likely affect your project goal.
Showing progress in tasks
The progress of the actual effort compared to the planned effort is now displayed via progress bars in tasks of the timeline.
List view for the project portfolio
We gave the portfolio list view a little love and updated it with some new features which include
- Editable cells
- Filter and grouping support
- Display of labels and flavors
- Display of sums/totals
This is just the beginning! The list will grow with more functions to give you more and more flexibility to analyze your project portfolio.
Updated tasks list view
We didn't forget the task list view of course - here's what's new:
- Conditionally formatted totals are now displayed in the plan/actual columns. That way exceeded budgets or expenses become visible at a glance.
- In the grouped rows, the number of contained tasks is displayed, depending on the selected filter.
Status change in tasks
The position of the status field in the tasks detail is now placed more prominently. There's more coming regarding the status change in one of the next updates, there will be custom statuses and workflows and much more - stay tuned 😎
Define types in Labels/Flavors
Labels and flavors just got some more options regarding the data type to be displayed:
- Actual and planned fields (cost / effort) can now be included as an additional option when duplicating projects
- Various style optimizations in the feed
- (Fix) Problem with deleting tasks in some views fixed
- (Fix) In some views subtasks were not deleted when deleting tasks, fixed
- (Fix) Long task titles improved
- (Fix) Use of German Umlaute in rich-text editor caused problems in some circumstances
- (Fix) Comments edited by others than yourself sometimes showed wrong original author
- (Fix) Problem with decimals of the hourly rates of a project fixed
- (Fix) Problem with showing cloned tasks in the timeline fixed